In this episode, Dr. Greg Jacobson and Mark Graban answer questions from our KaiNexus community:
1) After initial Lean and continuous improvement training, what do we do next? What should be the role of leaders?
2) What are some proven strategies to get staff to suggest or come up with projects?
3) When you encounter an environment where the bulk of participants are resistant to tools that formalize the change process…what tips or tricks have you seen work that can be used to get the champions to bring the doubters along?
4) Regarding Continuous Improvement Policy and Procedures – what should be included that assures the effectiveness and sustainability of organization-wide continuous improvement initiatives?
5) Non-profit organizations barely have the resource to invest on lean training. Many who see the importance use their own resources and take their lean journey at their own expense. Any suggestions from the group?
6) How can I demonstrate the benefits of implementing KAINEXUS Process Improvement strategies to improve patient flow through the ED and the rest of the Hospital, so that Hospital Administrators will hear and understand?