In one of my recent Lean classes, I discuss the difference between planning kaizen events and working kaizen events. Planning events end up with a 90-day implemenatation plan. Working events end up with 80% completion of actions by the end of the event, with 30 days to complete the remaining 20% of the actions. I try and encourage more working sessions, but planning is sometimes really important to decide where to focus the working sessions in the future.
To better understand this podcast, watch the State of Washington VSM video (about 10 minutes).
- A Glimpse into a Value Stream Map (VSM) – State of Washington DSHS – Video
- Lean Six Sigma Project Coaching Program
- Need help in your organization? Let's talk! Schedule a free support call
- Podcast Sponsor: Creative Safety Supply is a great resource for free guides, infographics, and continuous improvement tools. I recommend starting with their 5S guide. It includes breakdowns of the five pillars, ways to begin implementing 5S, and even organization tips and color charts. From red tags to floor marking; it’s all there. Download it for free at creativesafetysupply.com/5S
- Have a question? Submit a voice message at Podcasters.Spotify.com
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/leansixsigmabursts/message