Do you hate get up to speak in front of people? Do you have to do it achieve your goals? Brenden Kumarasamy knows just how you fell, and he is ready to help! Brenden joins me for some surprising tips on how to not only get comfortable – but maybe even enjoy speaking in public.
Brenden is the founder of MasterTalk, where he coaches ambitious executives & entrepreneurs to become top 1% communicators in their industry. He also has a popular YouTube channel called MasterTalk, with the goal of providing free access to communication tools for everyone in the world.
Key Topics in this podcast:
- Brenden’s career background
- Why is public speaking so scary?
- How to apply lean to help you overcome your fear of public speaking?
- What is the random random word exercise? (AND hear it in action!)
- Brenden’s tips on how people can easily retain information from presentations
- The importance of getting feedback for improving presentation skills
- The very best age to start coaching kids to develop communication skills
- Many people experience fear when they have to give a presentation. This fear can manifest itself in different ways, but one of the most common is a fear of communication. This occurs when a person feels like they are not able to effectively communicate their ideas to the audience.
- Feedback is an essential part of any communication process. It helps us to assess how our message is being received and to make necessary adjustments. In the context of presentations, feedback can be extremely helpful in ensuring that our message is clear and concise.
- When it comes to effective communication, it is never too early to start coaching kids. Children who are coached early on in the basics of communication tend to be more confident and successful communicators as they grow older.
- When it comes to developing communication skills, many people tend to feel shy or uncomfortable. However, research has shown that making coaching communications skills fun can help learners feel more comfortable and confident.
Memorable Quotes From Brenden Kumarasay
“For your future goals, start picturing the person you want to be… And just ask yourself, what would that person do and how can I be like that person today rather than in 10 years?”
CONNECT WITH BRENDEN
MasterTalk on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MasterTalks