Do you have a website? If you’re like me and have a website (like I have at leanforhumans.com), you know that you need to work on your search engine optimization (SEO). And if you’re like me and most others, how to do that can be a complete mystery. Brandon Leibowitz says that we should all get as much free real estate on search engines as possible and that it’s not all that mysterious. SEO is just another thing to continuously improve. But you need to know how search engines themselves continuously optimize. He’s here to explain it.
About Brandon Leibowitz
In 2007, Brandon got his first job after he graduated from college. His job was helping out a company with its digital marketing, social media, SEO, email marketing, and running paid ads. He then realized that everyone would probably be on the website in the future and there are a lot of ways to get traffic but SEO is a way to get free traffic. He thought that he doesn’t have to spend money on paid ads but rather he could get there for free.
He focused on SEO over the years and helping out people get free traffic by working with different advertising agencies. On the side, while he was working, he would build his own business up and grow it until he was able to quit his job and solely focus on it, and that is what he does until today.
KEY TOPICS IN THIS PODCAST:
- 0:54 – 1:52 Brandon’s career background
- 2:24 – 3:52 What is SEO and why is it important for people to know about SEO?
- 4:27 – 5:56 Importance of being clear to your audience about what you are offering
- 5:57 – 6:39 Why is it more important to focus on the user than on keywords
- 6:42 – 8:02 Google Search result as a place to continuously optimize
- 8:07 – 10:25 What does it mean to focus more on the audience?
- 10:57 – 15:02 How SEO increases the stickiness of the website?
- 15:26 – 17:17 What is an SEO title tag?
- 19:54 – 22:20 Where does Brandon see the search going in the future?
- 22:22 – 24:39 Does Brandon watch other people use search engines and see what they do?
- 22:43 – 26:20 What are the things to consider for someone who is getting started in a business when setting up a website?
- 26:27 -28:14 Importance of reviews on websites for businesses
- 28:14 – 30:23 SEO and its use in social media
- 30:27 – 31:47 Mistakes made while optimizing keywords
- 31:59 – 34:19 What are the most recent changes happening in search engines?
- 35:26 – 36:22 What part does AI play a role in SEO?
- 37:35 – 39:09 Brandon’s advice to young people that are starting their career
- Search engine optimization is very useful to businesses and organizational websites because it allows people to discover your product or service.
- It is more important to focus on the needs of the customers rather than the choice of keywords on your website.
- Being clear and concise on what your business offers ideally brings your website to the top of search engine rank and makes it more visible to your target audience.
- When getting started on your business, it is important to have a clean minimalist website to clearly define your offering.
- Getting reviews and feedback on your website helps show the credibility of your business.
- In getting started in an SEO career, it is important to have mentors to guide you even if they are not experts in your specific niche as they can provide you with a broad industry perspective.
Memorable Quotes From Brandon Leibowitz
“For anyone that’s just starting, I would say getting a mentor that’s helped out over the years is having someone else that’s been around to guide you, even if they’re not an expert in your field.”
CONNECT WITH BRANDON LEIBOWITZ