Kyle Gillette is a leadership coach. He coaches business leaders – but not all his clients wear a white collar and work in offices. Kyle works with leaders and aspiring leaders from all walks of life with a special focus on what we sometimes call “blue-collar” work. Kyle’s career path has taken him from men’s mentoring to pet resorts, to HR, and running a successful personal training business. In every role, helping people reach their human potential through the power of mindset has always been his path. Kyle’s insights are valuable to all of us in the continuous improvement community.
KEY TOPICS IN THIS PODCAST
0:09:23: The impact of mentorship on personal and professional growth
0:12:34: Understanding the difference between mentoring and coaching
0:14:23: How coaching and mentoring are applied in the business world
0:20:16: Moving from surviving to thriving through mindset shifts and personal growth
0:27:19: The four pillars of leadership: self-awareness, accountability, growth, and empowerment
0:31:56 Exploring the importance of accountability and mindset in coaching
0:34:51 Understanding the language and mindsets used in coaching
0:36:06: The benefits of journaling for stress relief
0:39:04: Connecting lean coaching and mentoring to empower young men
0:41:20: Using nonprofit work to connect business owners and young men
0:43:15: Learning the skill of active listening to empower your team
0:45:12: Developing self-awareness, mindset, and habits for effective leadership
- Power of making choices that lead to personal growth and positive change: it’s crucial to make changes and take intentional action to improve one’s life circumstances, even when facing fear and uncertainty.
- Taking risks and seizing opportunities to learn and grow is important. Mentorship and caring for others can have a significant impact. Intentional learning and investing in oneself are valuable. Success is not achieved alone, and support from others is crucial.
- Coaching draws insights through questioning, while mentoring tells what to do. Coaching is more effective in moving people forward permanently.
- Find lessons in setbacks. Take risks; improve skills and knowledge, and step out of your comfort zone.
- The four pillars of great leadership are Self-awareness, accountability, growth, and empowerment.
- Mindset plays a crucial role in achieving goals. Fear of losing control and being uncomfortable can prevent people from taking action.
- Listening is crucial for leaders to empower their teams. The “wiser way to listen” method involves giving time, respect, and empathy to truly hear people. It can be done in 2-12 minutes and improved by reading, practicing, and learning from mistakes
Connect With Kyle Gillette