In this episode, The Lean Solutions Podcast host Patrick Adams discusses the ingredients necessary to fuel a mighty flame of continuous improvement in an organization as well as his book Avoiding The Continuous Appearance Trap, which received the Shingo publication award earlier this year. In the show notes, there is an article that Patrick wrote regarding the topics he speaks about in this episode.
What You'll Learn:
- Stability in processes and leadership. (You cannot improve chaos.)
- The vision must be clearly communicated.
- Standards, accountability, and expectations are clearly stated.
- Targets to achieve business goals are set.
- Choose a high-value target area.
- Empower committed employees to change.
- Leaders enable action by removing roadblocks.
- Deploy structured problem solving. (Constant learning is the norm.)
- Generate small, simple improvements.
- Celebrate success on small wins.
- Continuous and frequent “touches.”
- Hard work.
- Inspect what you expect. (Audit.)
- Sustain, replicate, and integrate the improvements.
About the Speaker:
Patrick is an internationally recognized leadership coach, consultant and professional speaker. He is best known for his unique human approach to sound team building practices, creating consensus and enabling empowerment.
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/leansolutions/support