In this episode, Dr. Jeff Liker and I dive into the fascinating world of Kata coaching and explore the key concepts from his novel on the subject
What You'll Learn:
1. What led you to write a novel with Tilo Schwarz?
2. For the listeners that do not know, what is kata coaching?
3. What did Tilo add about coaching to Mike Rother's 5 question card?
4. Why a novel about kata coaching? I understand that Tilo already published a book about the coaching microskills.
5. What would you like to hear from readers that would really excite you?
About the Guest: Jeffrey K. Liker is Professor Emeritus, Industrial and Operations Engineering at The University of Michigan and President of Liker Lean Advisors, LLC. He is author of the best-selling book, The Toyota Way, Second Edition, and has coauthored nine other books about Toyota including The Toyota Way to Service Excellence, and The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership. His graphic novel with Eduardo Lander and Tom Root tells the story of lean transformation at a mail-order company: Lean in a High-Variability Business. His articles and books have won thirteen Shingo Prizes for Research Excellence. He was inducted into the Association of Manufacturing Excellence Hall of Fame and the Shingo Academy.
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/leansolutions/support