This week I’m speaking with David Mann, who has over 25 years of consulting on lean and lean management implementations in a wide range of manufacturing, health care, enterprise business processes, and extended value chains.
In this episode we talk about David’s book and one of my favorite lean books, Creating a Lean Culture and how you can create the behaviors and practices of a lean management system in your own organization.
What You’ll Learn This Episode:
- What inspired David to write Creating a Lean Culture
- The specific behaviors and practices that instilled a lean management system
- Mindset shifts for implementing lean systems
- The most important aspect in sustaining a lean culture
- Where David has seen the elements of lean management applied
About the Guest:
David Mann is the principal of David Mann Lean Consulting. In 15 years of lean experience at Steelcase Inc., Mann developed the concepts and tools of a lean management system, supporting 40+ lean manufacturing value stream transformations, and then leading an internal team that completed over 100 successful lean conversions in administrative and business process value streams. He established a consulting practice in 2005, serving organizations across industries worldwide.
David is an implementer, consultant, coach, teacher and the author of the book Creating a Lean Culture, in which he won a Shingo Award.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/leansolutions/support