Today on the podcast, I’m talking with Andy Olrich, a Continuous Improvement and Innovation Leader for the Hunter Water Corporation in Newcastle, Australia. Andy has over 25 years experience in engineering trades, health services, manufacturing, mining, logistics, processes and support.
In this episode, Andy and I talk about the importance of leaders committing to standards when training a team and why it’s so important for leaders to not only set clear expectations but to also support and drive change.
What You’ll Learn This Episode:
- Getting your team excited and engaged with Lean
- The importance of executive leadership supporting the team
- Andy’s biggest lightbulb moment in his career
- The importance of committing to standards when it comes to training a team
- Incorporating Lean practices into your daily life
- Andy’s advice to anyone passionate about Lean and wanting to become a respected leader
About the Guest:
Andy Olrich is the Continuous Improvement and Innovation Lead for the Hunter Water Corporation in Newcastle Australia. Andy has over 25 years’ experience in engineering trades, health services, manufacturing, mining, logistics processes and support. Andy holds formal qualifications in Engineering and trades plus LEAN Six Sigma & Agile methodologies. Andy is passionate about developing himself further as a respected Lean leader and enjoys seeing the benefits of teams embracing Continuous Improvement and working together to achieve common and personal goals.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/leansolutions/support