In this episode, Tim Schipper and I navigate the realms of Lean and Agile practices. Uncover the captivating aspects of Lean in action, explore the core intersections between Lean and Agile, and learn how these strategies can enhance development.
What You'll Learn:
1. What do you appreciate about Lean the more it is practiced?.
2. What are the important similarities between Lean and Agile?
3. What is the central common element between Lean and Agile?
4. Can you apply Lean / Agile to development?
5. What is an important metric when applying Lean/Agile to development?
About the Guest: Timothy Schipper is a graduate of Calvin College and the University of Michigan (Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering and Masters of Science). His career has spanned 40 years and includes time as a tool designer, engineering educator, engineer, IT manager, Lean expert, author, and Agile Transformation leader. He has led Lean transformations since 2003 in the areas of manufacturing, office processes, IT development, global product development, new business initiatives, government agencies, and non-profits. He is currently works for Steelcase Inc. of Grand Rapids MI. Timothy has written two books on the topic of Lean: Innovative Lean Development: How to Create, Implement, and Maintain a Learning Culture, and The Highly Effective Office: Creating a Successful Lean Culture in any Workplace
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/leansolutions/support