In this episode, Dr. William Harvey and I discuss the most important skills he was able to transfer from his time in the United States Marine Corps to his corporate career in lean management. We discussed everything from goal setting to leadership skills and kaizen.
What You’ll Learn:
- As it relates to goal setting, what influenced Dr. Harvey at an early age to set challenging personal goals?
- An important tactic in creating an environment for increased teamwork.
- Key benefits recognized by observing gemba.
- Defining Kaizen.
- The leadership lessons that comes with practicing Kaizen.
- How to help create an environment of collaboration and the benefits.
About the Guest:
Dr. William Harvey’s leadership journey started in the U.S. Marine Corps. Following military service, William discovered a passion for manufacturing and continuous improvement over the last 14 years. William’s fascination with people development and a chance encounter with Toyota Kata prompted his doctoral dissertation on Toyota Kata’s best practices. William currently works in manufacturing as Plant Manager at Michelman and started his sixth year of teaching business, finance, and marketing at the University of Cincinnati in August 2022.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drwilliamharvey/
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/leansolutions/support