In this episode, John Rooney and I discuss Nummi and its impact on European workers during his time as an executive at General Motors.
What you’ll learn during today’s episode:
- What is Nummi?
- The impact of Nummi on the GM European plants
- True Lean vs. the appearance of lean
- Has manufacturing changed?
- What one bit of advice would you give to a company starting out on its lean journey?
- What do you most enjoy about helping companies improve?
About the guest:
- John Rooney had 40 years Automotive Experience (Opel-Vauxhall-General Motors)
- John started as an apprentice and made it to executive level by the time he was thirty
- Had the opportunity to see and work in many manufacturing plants across the globe (Europe, Brazil, USA, China, and South Korea)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Since retiring from the Automotive Industry in 2018 felt he needed to share his learnings over the many years. Has collaborated with several companies (including the ILSSI) working on Lean, Lean Six Sigma, Leadership training and CIP workshops to name a few.
More recently decided to start his own company (JRC Learn to be Lean) with his partner Roddy Craig who again spent 41 years in the Automotive Industry.
Roddy and John now work with companies to help create that culture that is needed for Lean creating bespoke training packages to suit the companies’ individual needs.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/leansolutions/support