In this episode, Toby Curry and I discuss lean process implementation in an organization as well as factors that can contribute to failure in a lean practice system.
What You'll Learn:
1. Can you give us some background on who you are and some of your work experience?
2. Lean manufacturing practices have been around for decades. Throughout the life of Lean Practices, the demand for these skills and practices has been cyclical. Why do you feel there is or should be a heightened awareness or attraction to Lean practices in today's climate?
3. Can you give us an example of a lean process implementation that your organization has benefited from?
4. What do you feel is the largest factor that contributes to failed lean initiatives in manufacturing facility?
5. If you could go back now and impart some wisdom to yourself before you started practicing lean initiatives, what would it be?
About the Guest:
Toby Curry serves as the director of operations for Coastal Automotive, a Tier-1 global automotive safety component manufacturer, where he is responsible for operational P&L, continuous improvement, production, logistics and quality. Toby has spent over 20 years in the automotive manufacturing industry, with 10 of those years in executive leadership. He’s passionate about making a positive difference for customers, community, and employees through building a great workplace culture. A US Navy Submarine Veteran, prior to joining Coastal, Toby served in various roles including process engineering, continuous improvement, and production supervision. He earned his bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from Grand Valley State University and a certificate in executive management from the University of Notre Dame.
Click here for Toby Curry's LinkedIn
To Contact Toby Curry Directly: email@example.com
Click here for The Lean Solutions Summit
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/leansolutions/support