VP, Continuous Improvement Intermountain Healthcare
Our guest today is Matt Pollard, MD, MBOE, the Vice President of Continuous Improvement Intermountain Healthcare. Matt is an emergency physician and has a master’s degree from the Masters of Business in Operational Excellence program at The Ohio State University (learn more about the program in this episode).
Show notes: https://www.valuecapturellc.com/he38
In today’s episode, host Mark Graban asks Matt about topics including:
- How did you take such an interest in healthcare quality improvement?
- What inspired your interest and why did you almost leave healthcare?
- Who were your key mentors?
- How did you come to see the importance of the management / operating system?
- What did you learn by visiting Seattle Children’s Hospital and Virginia Mason Medical Center?
- Tell us about your Idea System and how it’s different than a suggestion system…
- How do you turn continuous improvement from a goal statement into a daily reality?
- How do you measure progress, what are your KPIs?
- How are you shifting time from budgeting to real improvement cycles?