Show notes and more: https://www.valuecapturellc.com/he41
Our guest today is Dan Varum, an Executive Coach with his company Varnum Group. After 30+ years as an executive leading large and small healthcare organizations, Dan has shifted his time to focus exclusively on my passion – developing executive leaders to reach their full potential.
Dan has a Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering from Iowa State University and a Masters in Business Administration from Drake University.
In today’s episode, hostMark Grabantalks with Dan about topics including:
- What are you currently doing and what role did you retire from?
- How has an education in industrial engineering and business helped you in your career path?
- Why get an MBA vs MHA or MPH?
- Why are projects not enough to change culture?
- From small improvement projects to changing culture, the same principles apply: following your values – humility / respect, transparency and trust
- Why is developing people such a passion for you?
- What’s the leader’s role in creating culture?
- Why does culture beat strategy?
- Why is self awareness such an important leadership trait?
- Why is leadership development, especially for MDs, so crucial?