Partner with Coltala Holdings
Today, we’re taking a deeper dive into the world of private equity, how Lean can support a particular P.E. model, and the “Ownership Works” Initiative.
Damon Baker has been implementing Lean practices in various GM & VP-level capacities for more than 25 years, but it was at Danaher, where he worked for nine years, that his passion for true business transformation was born. He was instrumental in developing Danaher’s company-wide Problem-Solving Process, and was inspired to create a new, comprehensive business system that enables organizations to improve on all fronts.
Over his career, Damon has demonstrated hands-on leadership and facilitation of 500+ kaizen events in close to 100 major corporations in 16 different countries.
Today, we discuss topics and questions including:
- Private Equity 101?
- Public vs. private vs. private equity?
- Two types of P.E. firms
- Time is up and the fund exits? Means they have to sell the companies?
- Has there been a shift in the PE philosophy on extracting value vs. creating value, or do some just do it differently / better?
- Mission over margin? Conscious Capitalism?
- Lean in private equity — What does PE care about?? Vs. Public Equity
- How did you get first get involved with PE?
- Coltala Enterprise System? Which tools to apply in which business? Priorities and problem solving?
- A lean practitioner working for a PE-owned company? What to ask or look for?
- Humility and confidence – Larry Culp talked about this
- Tell us about the “Ownership Works Initiative” — KKR and other firms (TPG) – it’s not ESOP model
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.