Video, transcript, and more: https://leanblog.org/461
He’s applied and taught Lean for over 18 years, including time with Freudenberg-NOK (an auto supplier featured in the book Lean Thinking), Simpler Consulting, and other manufacturing companies in the U.S. and Europe.
Today, we discuss topics and questions including:
- Your Lean origin story?
- The next steps in your career and learning??
- Freudenberg-NOK — 2004 — Growtth Consulting spinoff
- Working with Lean – Europe vs. US?
- Simpler – worked with Chris Cooper – Episode #129
- Your view on the role of what’s often called “kaizens” (kaizen events) vs. ongoing daily kaizen improvement?
- Multi-day events vs. small discontinuous improvements?
- How should people be participating?
- The role of the senior leader?
- Kicking a company president out of a Kaizen Event??
- Lessons you’ve learned on the psychology of change?
- Organizational behavior and organizational development? — how do you define that?
- What makes an organization a “learning organization?”
- Chris Argyris — why should more Lean people be reading his work?
- Tell us about Veryable – the company, the problems you solve and how it works…
- How to expand “JIT” beyond just materials?
- Variable labor in a “lean mindset” way — including “respect for people”??
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.