Author, speaker, coach, publisher, and more
Show notes and links: https://www.leanblog.org/420
My guest for Episode #420 of the Lean Blog Interviews Podcast is Katie Anderson, appearing for the sixth time and the first time as a live-streaming guest! Katie is a leadership & learning coach, consultant, speaker, author | Japan Study Trip Leader. She’s the founder and principal consultant at her own firm. You can find previous episodes here.
She’s the author of the book Learning to Lead, Leading to Learn: Lessons from Toyota Leader Isao Yoshino on a Lifetime of Continuous Learning. Tomorrow is the first anniversary (or birthday) of the book! To celebrate, there’s a short-term Kindle book sale (99 cents or 99 pence in the UK) from Wednesday to Friday this week July 14, 15, 16.
Topics, questions, and links related to today’s episode include:
- You asked yesterday, in your email newsletter, “What does leadership mean to you?” — how do you answer that question?
- How has your answer changed thanks to the influence of Mr. Yoshino?
- What have you learned in the past year since the publication of your book? Or I should ask, what stands out most in terms of what you have learned?
- Did the audiobook process yield any further content to the print edition?
- What was the process for creating and recording the audio book?
- Is there something new, work related or otherwise, that you’ve started learning recently? Has helped you think about learning, coaching, and practicing differently?
- You and Mr. Yoshino were guests together on “My Favorite Mistake” — if I had a podcast called “My Most Recent Mistake” — what is one that comes to mind?
- Best Thing / Worst Thing — What’s the best thing and the worst thing about…
- Writing and publishing a book?
- Working in healthcare improvement?
- Being active on LinkedIn?
- Living in Japan full time as an American?
- The gelato post that Katie wrote
- Tell us about some of the coaching you’ve been doing, including the K2C2 Coaching Communities…
- Leading to Learn Accelerator
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.