Author of Disruption Proof and The Lean Entrepreneur
My guest for Episode #422 of the Lean Blog Interviews Podcast is Brant Cooper, appearing for the third time and the first time solo. Brant previously appeared, alongside Patrick Vlaskovits, in Episodes 99 and 162.
Show notes: https://www.leanblog.org/422
Brant is the author of the upcoming book, Disruption Proof: Empower People, Create Value, Drive Change, due out in late October, but is available for pre-order now.
Brant is The New York Times bestselling author of the book The Lean Entrepreneur (now in a 2nd Edition) and he’s CEO and founder of the firm Moves the Needle.
He is also organizing a virtual summit — the Endless Disruption Summit — on Sept 30.
Topics and questions:
- “One thing in life is certain: Disruption is the new norm.” — Why is that increasingly so?
- How can a company become disruption proof?
- What’s a good example of an Industrial Age company that has transformed to thrive in the Digital Age?
- Lessons from the pandemic?
- Working from home and now what?
- Empathy and restaurant signs
- The 5Es: Empathy, Exploration, Evidence, Equillibrium, and Ethics
- His experiences in healthcare — cancer
- The people are amazing
- Ransomware attack affected his radiation care
I hope you enjoy the conversation.
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.