Founder of “Launch Tomorrow.”
Luke is the author of the books Align Remotely: How to achieve together, when everyone is working from home and Launch Tomorrow: Take Your Product, Startup, or Business From Idea to Launch in One Day.
He’s the host of the highly rated “Managing Remote Teams” podcast. He comes from a product management background and has a BA in Economics and English from the University of Pennsylvania.
He’s joining us on the podcast from Poland.
Today, we discuss topics and questions including:
- Background question — How did you get introduced to Agile, Lean Startup, things like that?
- “Fuzzy side of innovation”?? — time wasted 20-30 years ago?
- Doing the wrong things righter?
- Tampering – and increasing variation
- Processes for creating software?
- When you were reading about “Lean Manufacturing”? How does that resonate with? How does that relate to you and your work?
- How easy is it to estimate “story points”?
- Lean Thinking – batch vs flow… physical flow vs. work flow — Adaptations to the flow of software?
- Takt time – how to translate this in terms of required software, requirements, points
- How did you learn about Process Behavior Charts?
- Why did that resonate with you?
- How do you incorporate PBCs into your work?
- Counting physical products vs. story points (something more esoteric)?
- Landing pages – product or service that doesn’t exist yet
- What to test BEFORE a landing page?
- How to make a good decision with limited data points?
- What’s so powerful about testing an idea as a hypothesis?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.