FranklinCovey executive, author of books including Marketing Mess to Brand Success
Show notes: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake100
Scott is the author of books including Everyone Deserves a Great Manager, Management Mess To Leadership Success: 30 Challenges to Become the Leader You Would Follow, and his latest book, Marketing Mess to Brand Success: 30 Challenges to Transform Your Organization’s Brand (and Your Own).
He’s also the host of the podcast, “On Leadership with Scott Miller,” where he has interviewed people including Adam Grant, Elizabeth Smart, John Maxwell, Matthew McConaughey, and Stephen M.R. Covey.
In today’s episode, Scott shares his favorite mistake, from his time as a Chief Marketing Officer and how being an “idea fountain” was a mistake, as he learned. We also get a bonus “favorite mistake” story about a marketing promotion gone wrong.
Other topics and questions:
- Multipliers – his favorite leadership book either written – Liz Wiseman (or are we “diminishers”?)
- How did you bring this up and resolve this with your team?
- Questions that aren’t really questions?
- Can you be an expert in everything? Safe to say, “I don’t know”??
- The Speed of Trust – Stephen M.R. Covey
- How important to you is “manager” vs. “leader”??
- How do you define a “great” mangager in a nutshell?
- On Leadership – guest messes?
- McConaughey Greenlights book
- The E.F. Hutton reference – example commercial
- Find Scott on
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support