Show notes: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake111
My guest for Episode #111 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Merit Kahn, a sales expert, Certified Emotional Intelligence Expert, business speaker, and CEO of her training company, SELLect Sales Development. She has coached & trained entrepreneurs and sales teams form more than 20 years and she’s also a stand up comedian.
In today’s episode, Merit shares her “favorite mistake” story about taking the wrong approach with a sales prospect earlier in her career. Why was Merit focused on a particular sales technique, in a way that had her disconnected from the moment. What happened and what did she learn from the experience?
We talk about that and other topics including:
- Being a stand up comedian – can’t be a low-confidence person, right?
- Reading the room, in sales or comedy?
- Bombing on stage? What does that teach you?
- What is the Open for Business framework?
- Common sales mistakes?
- Your website says “WARNING:Our programs are not a perfect match for everyone.” — why is that important to say?
- The SELLect Sales System — Stop selling and start being selected
- She dated a well-known comedic actor… listen to find out who!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support