CEO of Khorus Systems and iGrafx
Show notes: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake122
My guest for Episode #122 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Joel Trammell. He is CEO and Founder of Khorus Systems, a business management system that empowers CEOs to lead high-performance organizations.
Joel is the author of books including The CEO Tightrope: How to Master the Balancing Act of a Successful CEO and his latest, available in January, titled The Manager’s Playbook: Make Exceptional People Management Your Competitive Advantage.
In today’s episode, Joel shares his “favorite mistake” story about having trouble, multiple times, finding the right VP of Marketing for a startup company.
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Steps to avoid making that mistake?
- What are some Mistakes CEOs make in evaluating the performance of other executives?
- As boss, do you have to more expert than your team?
- “Be an expert generalist”
- Being CEO at 2 companies at the same time?
- As a CEO, what’s your role in creating a culture of learning from mistakes?
- When do you have to bring in an outsider as CEO?
- Keep Austin weird? Is it a Mistake for companies to “hire for fit”??
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support