Show notes, video, and more: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake127
My guest for Episode #127 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Evans Kerrigan, Co-Founder & CEO of the firm Integris Performance Advisors.
Evans is the co-author, with Brett Cooper, of the book Solving the People Problem: Essential Skills You Need to Lead and Succeed in Today’s Workplace.
In today’s episode, Evans tells his “favorite mistake” story from some client work that took place more than 20 years ago. The client was happy with the work, but he thought they “left a lot on the table” because ideas from staff were being overridden or changed by leadership. When did it click that there was a problem? What adjustments did he make?
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Happy with the results, but what’s sustainable? What builds a culture? Not blaming the people.
- Common leadership mistakes that you see?
- Tell us about the book
- It’s not a people problem… but we have friction in communication, etc.
- How to address setting the groundwork for listening?
- The book’s website
- EQ survey — what’s my DISC EQ? – Use access code “favorite” to get it for free
- Lean podcast episode link
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support