Leadership professor, author, entrepreneur
Episode page: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake134
She is an Associate Professor of Business Ethics, Business, and Strategy at Ferris State University and former Director of Global Menu Strategy for a Fortune 250 company.
Dr. Kasey Lynn is the author of the book Fall Down, Gritty Up: The Unconventional Mental Map for Becoming Your Own Hero.
She is also the proprietor of Pendulum Publishing, a consulting firm in Michigan.Dr. Kasey Lynnearned a PhD in Values-Driven Leadership from Benedictine University.
In today’s episode, Dr. Kasey Lynn shares her “favorite mistake” story about a career decision — staying with McDonald’s (the larger parent company) instead of staying with the spun-off RedBox company that she had worked for. What did she learn from these events? How does it inform and affect the way she coaches students about career decisions?
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Choosing a job based on relationships, values… product?
- Advising students? – how to decide what “best” is for an opportunity?
- How has RedBox done in the age of streaming?
- Your PhD… What is values-driven leadership?
- Your former employer didn’t know you were working on a PhD?
- Theranos – Elizabeth Holmes? Fraud or true believer?
- Tell us about teaching Business Ethics…
- Most likely business ethics situations a student might face in the business world?
- You started a new restaurant… Fatty C’s Dog House
- Not let yourself get too down, what am I learning from this?
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support