My guest for Episode #151 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Lauren Eckhardt, the CEO and Founder of Burning Soul Press.
Episode page: https://markgraban.com/mistake151
An award-winning, and best-selling author and ghostwriter, she is passionate about helping impact-driven souls capture their life story in a book-led movement that changes lives.
Lauren founded Burning Soul Press in 2020, after 12 years in the human resources field, to work with aspiring and career authors in pursuit of sharing a powerful and deeply impactful story or message.
In today’s episode, Lauren shares her “favorite mistake” story working with a business partner that didn’t share her values. How did she discover the mistake? How did she repeat the mistake with another company before being able to put this behind her?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Trying too hard to learn from other entrepreneurs, vs. figuring it out yourself?
- “Best seller” — a very loose definition??? Yes
- Helping somebody self-publish… doesn’t literally mean “self”
- “Empowerment Publishing”
- Being a book coach vs full ghostwriter
- What’s the origin of the Burning Soul Press name?
- Being a good storyteller? A better storyteller??
- What is the SoulWriter Society?
- Helping somebody write the book and helping them sell the book? Equally important?
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support