Episode page: https://markgraban.com/mistake152
He’s also the host of the podcast “The Uncommon Leader” — and I was his guest there! He was also previously my guest on my Lean Blog Interviews podcast series.
Before starting his company, John worked as a consultant for a decade, after being an operations manager and a division president for two different companies.
In today’s episode, John shares his “favorite mistake” story about the time he got into the real estate business and thought he could change how a key business partner operated. And that partner was his mother-in-law. Why did he make this mistake? How did he adjust and how did he survive?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- What is “Lean”?
- Why were you excited about bringing this to real estate?
- Focusing on strengths instead of problems?
- Having a process when “every home sale is unique”?
- Tell us about the podcast…
- Common leadership mistakes that you wish were uncommon?
- Are they uncommon because they avoid leadership problems or because they have certain strengths?
- Being able to admit when they’re wrong… that’s uncommon — humility is required
- Creating an environment where it’s safe to talk about mistakes?
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support