Author of Relationships to Infinity
Episode page: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake161
My guest for Episode #161 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Jason Levin. He’s a speaker and trainer. He’s an executive career, business development and outplacement coach. He’s the co-host of the Parents at Work Podcast. His website is www.readysetlaunch.net.
He’s also the author of the book, Relationships to Infinity: The Art and Science of Keeping in Touch. Scroll down to learn how to enter to win one of five free signed copies of the book!
In serving his enterprise and individual clients, Jason draws on experiences as a District Manager withVault.com.
At Vault, he held roles both on the operations team and led a remote business development team.
Prior to Vault.com, he worked in brand management for Unilever on the Dove Global team where he developed global innovations in the anti-aging skincare category and he also worked for the consulting firms KPMG and Accenture. He has an MBA from the Georgetown McDonough School of Business.
He’s an assistant coach on his son’s little league baseball team and is a “raving fan” of DC sports.
In today’s episode, Jason shares his “favorite mistake” story about failing to follow up with the wealthy benefactor of Rowan College. Why did he get yelled at by the head fundraiser at the college — and for how long? How have those lessons from that episode impact him as a coach?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- What attracted you to working with retired pro athletes in their career transitions? How is it different?
- Previous episodes with retired athletes Lenny Walls and Dave Scatchard
- With limited (non-infinite) time – how do we make time to focus on relationships?
- “Show me your calendar and I’ll show you your priorities”
- What is your “social fortress”?
- Your external network vs. your network inside the company
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support