Episode page: https://markgraban.com/mistake162
KARIN M. REED is CEO of Speaker Dynamics. She is an Emmy award-winning broadcast journalist and now focuses on helping business professionals to be confident communicators on any platform? in person, on camera, or through virtual communication tools.
JOSEPH A. ALLEN, PHD, is a Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at the University of Utah. His research focus is on the study of workplace meetings, organizational community engagement, and occupational safety and health.
Sharing their “favorite mistake” stories, Karin talks about a time early in her television news career, where a technical mishap taught her to always have a “Plan B.” Why was Joe surprised that he wasn’t getting honest feedback about his writing, and what did that teach him about not taking expertise for granted?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Mistakes with virtual meetings?
- Is it a mistake to keep your camera off?
- What is a hybrid meeting or the hybrid workplace?
- Mistakes that people or organizations make with hybrid?
- Tips and tricks to be inclusive to all participants in the room, on video, on the phone etc.?
- Technology to solve the room webcam camera problem?
- When the video is imperative in a virtual or hybrid meeting and when it’s not?
- Non-verbals in a hybrid meeting?
- Strategies to combat video fatigue and multitasking?
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support