Host of the “I Have ADHD” podcast
My guest for Episode #197 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Kristen Carder. She is a serial entrepreneur andmindset coachfor adults with ADHD. She’s the host of a podcast: “I Have ADHD.”
Her website with her “FOCUSED” group coaching program: IHaveADHD.com.
In this episode, Kristen tells her favorite mistake story about spending $10,000 on a “mastermind” group that was not at all what she expected. Why was there a gap between her expectations and reality? When did she realize there was a problem? What did she do and how did she learn from this, as a coach-ee and a coach? We also talk about mistakes related to understanding ADHD and living with it — at work and in our personal lives.
As she always says on her podcast, she’s “medicated, caffeinated, and ready to roll.”
Questions and Topics:
- When did you realize it was a mistake? Did you ask for a refund? 3 reasons why not…
- When should somebody join a “mastermind” instead of getting 1×1 coaching?
- Lesson learned: explicitly lays out WHAT a mastermind is when she sells one
- Red flags that you’re getting bad info about ADHD?
- Why ADHD is not simply a “gift” or a “superpower”?
- How do you define ADHD?
- The inability to direct attention
- Trouble regulating impulse – attention and emotion?
- You were diagnosed in college… I was diagnosed last year at age 48… what led to you getting diagnosed?
- Causes? Differences in the brain?
- A mistake to tell people at work that you’re ADHD?
- Kristen’s episode: Should You Tell People About Your ADHD?
- Explanation not an excuse
- Her FOCUSED coaching program
Find Kristen and her podcast on social media:
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you’ll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don’t miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support