My guest for Episode #246 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is JM Ryerson, co-founder and CEO of Let’s Go Win. He’s an author, leadership & performance coach, international speaker, and host of the Let’s Go Win podcast.
JM Ryerson founded and sold three businesses and is now helping leadership teams do the same. He’s the Best Selling Author of the books “Let’s Go Win,” “Champion’s Daily Playbook,” and his latest, “Upgrade.” JM has been building companies and leading sales teams for over 20 years. He is the co-founder and CEO of Let’s Go Win whose mission is to increase leadership, enhance culture, and help teams achieve peak performance.
In this episode, Ryerson recounts his initial ventures in the financial world, not as a numbers guru, but as a skilled salesman with the innate ability to motivate teams. He discusses his mindset switch from traditional roles to leading and expanding businesses, driven by a passion for nurturing growth and creating value for all involved.
He delves into how he navigated setbacks, transforming them into life-changing growth opportunities, and the importance of maintaining a positive mindset amidst adversity. Highlighting his journey, Ryerson guides us through how he discovered his true calling of motivating teams, which ultimately brought unparalleled fulfillment and success.
Questions and Topics:
- First to get to know you a little better — what were those three businesses?
- What’s your favorite mistake?
- Did you have a coach or did you coach yourself out of it?
- Mistake to be in financial businesses? To stay there?
- How to help others bounce back — remembering your WHY, connecting it back to your why
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “It’s not a failure. It’s steps to success.”
- Coaching leaders — when to let the setback go… and to look forward
- Talk about your leadership coaching – helping people process and work through mistakes
- What are the fastest changes facing the leaders you coach?
- 3 focus areas: Performance, leadership, and mindset — Which mindsets most often need upgrading?
- How to upgrade mindsets? To not get stuck in a mindset
- Carol Dweck – Mindset
- Mark was a guest on the “Let’s Go Win” podcast