Leader of the Accounting Professionals Program at FreshBooks.
Show notes: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake73
Shelives and breathes accounting. As a CPA, tech entrepreneur, and now leader of the Accounting Professionals Program at FreshBooks, she’s working to empower accounting professionals with the tools they need to thrive, as well as helping them discover their most valuable tool — their authentic self.
In this episode, Twyla talks about her “favorite mistake” — a past episode of burnout and what she learned that allows her to prevent things from getting as bad when she detects signs of burnout starting to appear.
Questions and topics include:
- What caused her burnout?
- Why was a 7-day silent retreat helpful to her?
- What does it mean to be your “authentic self”?
- As an accountant, an introvert, she had created a representation of herself… speaking up, doing things she decided “weren’t her”
- Being authentic vs. getting out of your comfort zone?? Where is the balance?
- Being a mentor to women in accounting and entrepreneurship arenas…
- Is the name “Twyla” more popular after the show “Schitt’s Creek” aired?
- Find Twyla on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support