Serial Entrepreneur and author of Power Your Profits
Show notes: https://www.markgraban.com/mistake95
My guest for Episode #95 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Susie Carder. She is a Profit Coach & Founder at SC Consulting. Susie has over 25 years of experience as an entrepreneur, building seven multi-million dollar companies, selling two that she built to $10M.
She is the author of a book, released last year, titled Power Your Profits: How to Take Your Business from $10,000 to $10,000,000. Her book’s website is PowerYourProfitsBook.com.
In today’s episode, Susie shares her “favorite mistake” story about getting destroyed financially in a three-year period starting in 2007, losing 90% of her wealth and her marriage. Her lesson learned was to “not be so overleveraged.”
Other topics and questions:
- Felt she didn’t have the energy to rebuild at age 42
- Her identity was her work — now what?
- She went back into real estate because she was willing to learn from her mistakes
- 15% of entrepreneurship success is technical — another mistake is not learning finances
- Being careful WHO you sell to
- How she started her first business “on accident” while working as a hairdresser
- Build your company AS IF you’re going to sell it
- Talking about mistakes businesses might make…
- What is the “cash crisis roller coaster”?
- “Wealth is our birthright” — but it’s not easy nor handed to us
- Mistake: Don’t admit to your team you are making it up
- “I’m a really great coach because I’m a really good student”
- Her program: Bullet Train to Big Profits Program
Find Susie onFacebook
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/favorite-mistake/support